Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Chaplain: Kato Buss

Hi. I'm Kato Buss, a second year graduate student in HSU's Theatre Dept. I'm serving as Asst. Director/Dramaturg on Mother Courage in partial fulfillment of my thesis project, and I play the role of the Chaplain.

In preparing for production, I did a massive amount of research on Mother Courage, primarily using Brecht's Model and performance theories. I'm also a Grad. Asst. in the scene shop and played a large part in constructing the set.

However, my most important role maybe that of "cart jockey." While Mother Courage's cart was being made actor-friendly, I was in charge of moving and securing it. I'm happy to report that no actors were harmed during the making of this production.

I am very proud of HSU's production of Mother Courage and wants to thank John, Bernadette, and all the cast and crew for their inspiration, dedication and collaboration.--KATO BUSS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home